6.02.2014

June 2, 2012

Today is our second wedding anniversary! It feels like that day was forever ago. I still look at our wedding pictures all the time and I thought today was the perfect day to post a bunch and write down some things about that day. So here we go!



We had our ceremony and reception at Dewberry Farm in Kernersville, NC. It was a wonderful place to get married and it is owned and run by wonderful people! (My mom found them online and we had no idea that 2 months after we got married, Josh and I would be moving to Kernersville to live for the first 2 years of our married life!)
  It was the perfect day! Sunny with a high around 75. ;)


My mom made our invitations and programs ^ with digital scrapbook paper that I bought here on Etsy. I LOVED them! 


The beautiful and amazing Katie Welch came over around 8 that morning and started helping do EVERYONE'S hair. Once we got to Dewberry Farm she did my hair and it was perfect! She saved us from a few disasters. She was my J. Lo. ;)
My best friend and bridesmaid Meredith did my make-up. It was beautiful and just what I wanted. (She is amazing and beautiful as well!)


My mom, 3 of my bridesmaids, and I put together all of the bouquets, boutonnieres, aisle jars, and centerpieces. We bought roses from www.wholeblossoms.com and the rest of the flowers were from the farmer's market, my grandmother's yard, a sweet lady from our church's yard, and one of her good friends brought buckets full of blue hydrangeas from her yard too! (Shout out to my parents for completely emptying their fridge so we could store buckets full of blossoms!)


My bridesmaids were: my sister Rebekah, my two best friends Katie & Meredith, and Josh's two sisters Charity & Chloe.


Josh's groomsmen were: his brother, Matt; and his best friends from college, high school, and childhood Andrew, TJ, and Jeremiah.







The wedding started at 2 p.m. My pastor, Eric, married us in a sweet and simple ceremony. Just the way we wanted it.



Finally married! We were so happy. (and still are!) 





We had lots of family and friends come to the wedding and I was so happy to have time to see everyone during the reception! 


-- The food was made and prepared by some wonderful women from our church. 



-- The song for our first dance was God Gave Me You by Dave Barnes. Josh and I just giggled the whole time and talked about how weird it was that everyone was staring at us while we danced. :)


-- We bought a cupcake stand from here and covered the edges with ribbon. The cake and cupcakes were made by another wonderful woman from our church. Can you tell by now that the people in our church are the best??






Hahaha LOVE Katie's face in this one ^


Bless you if you've made it through this whole post! June 2, 2012 was a wonderful day. It was also very very stressful. Josh and I were so grateful for the love and support from all of our family and friends, but we were so happy to just finally be married! And it's only gotten better since then. :)


Photos by Adam Mowery Photography
[Except one by Josh's cousin. :)]

No comments:

Post a Comment