1.03.2019

2018: Year in Review

I had several computer issues this year that made it very difficult to blog and once I got behind I stopped trying. I'm going to go back and add some posts about important things this year. I would like to keep blogging for a record of Luke and future kids as he/they/our family grows - so hopefully I can be more consistent in 2019! So here are some things that happened this year:



JANUARY: Luke turned 9 months, LOVED baths and playing with the table paper at the doctor's office. We had the first big snow since he'd been born and he took his first bath in the tub! I turned 28 and loved spending the day with with my boys.




FEBRUARY: Luke said "Daddy!" for the first time! He turned 10 months and became increasingly difficult to photograph. We went to Hannah and Paul's gender reveal and found out Luke's future girlfriend was on her way. :) I took Luke to the park to swing for the first time on a 70 degree day and then we started going a lot! The youth made Josh a "The Office" birthday sign when he turned 29!




MARCH: Luke turned 11 months old and then got sick for the first time. He had croup for a few days and he was a sad little baby. (He also started free standing around the same time.) We spent lots of days at the park. We took pictures of tulips at Dewberry Farm. At the end of the month we went to visit Grams and Granddaddy (and Matt) for Gram's birthday! 





APRIL: April 1st was Luke's second Easter and Uncle Matt came to visit! Then on April 3rd, Luke turned ONE! Mimi, Poppy, Aunt Rebekah, Uncle Zac, and Aunt Charity came over for pizza and birthday cake and Mimi and Poppy gave Luke a slide! On April 7th we had Luke's party at church with close friends and family! We got him a tricycle which he loved and we spent lots of time swinging at the park.





MAY: My sister, mom, and I threw a baby shower for 2 of our dearest friends. LUKE STARTED WALKING! and we celebrated Lucas' 1st birthday! We visited Lynchburg and got to go up in the new tower for the first time. My second Mother's Day was a great day with both of our families! We spent so many days at the park and the weather kept getting better and better.





JUNE: My best friend had her baby boy, Wyatt James on June 1st! We had a youth pool party and it was Luke's first time in a pool! We celebrated Josh on Father's Day! And then on June 20th, Hannah had sweet baby Evelyn!! Luke played in water and Josh's family came to visit to hear him preach! At the end of June we had VBS at church! Always so much fun!




JULY: Uncle Matt came to visit and we cooked out with my parents for the 4th of July! I bible journaled our VBS themes. Luke and I went to the park after Josh went to camp with the youth and then I went to meet them a few days later! We took some of our youth up to Liberty to tour around! Josh went with youth to Nicaragua at the end of the month.





AUGUST: We went to take pictures at Dewberry Farm with the sunflowers and Uncle on his birthday! Luke and I went swimming with Lauren and baby Zeb. Obviously there were many more days at the park. On August 31st we headed to the beach for Labor Day Weekend with my family and Luke LOVED the ocean!!





SEPTEMBER: We had such a great weekend in Oak Island with my family and came back for Luke and I to start Preschool on Sept. 5th! Luke loved school and became more mischievous by the day. At the end of the month we took youth to Lynchburg to visit their friends they went to Nicaragua with!





   OCTOBER: Luke turned 18 months but was very difficult to photograph. We went to visit family in Roanoke and went to the pumpkin patch! We spent a fun evening at Wake Forest after Josh accidentally left his keys in my car. We went to another pumpkin patch in Kernersville and then went to Liberty for Homecoming the next day and hung out with Matt. The day of the Fall Festival Josh and Luke matched and then that night we dressed up as the PJ Masks with Mack and Adam! On Halloween Josh came to Farm Day at Preschool and Luke had so much fun!




NOVEMBER: Luke loved the fall breeze in his face. We went to Bedford for the Fall Retreat with the youth group. On Thanksgiving we went to Roanoke and had lunch with Josh's mom's side of the family. Luke loved playing in the leaves. On Black Friday we had dinner with my family!





DECEMBER: It snowed over a foot but Luke did not like being out in the cold wind. The fanatics went to see the twins in their Christmas Dance Recital! We had an Ugly Sweater Christmas Party with the Youth and Josh, Luke, and I all dressed up. Matt came to stay with us for a while because he had to work the day after Christmas and on Christmas Eve we went to have dinner with my family. We had a great Christmas at home and with my family. The next day we went to visit Grams and Granddaddy in Roanoke while Matt worked and then the next day we went to Atlanta! 





WHAT A YEAR. God has been so good to us. It's been so fun to watch Luke grow into a walking, running, talking TODDLER. I can't wait to see what happens in 2019. 


XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment